Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions the following terms shall have the following
'We, Us, Our' - Fountain Bathrooms & Kitchens Ltd t/a Fountain DirectRegistered Office:
Unit 1, Watford Bridge Ind EstateWatford Bridge RoadNew Mills, DerbyshireSK22 4HJ
VAT Number GB 616 0504 75
'You, Your' - The Customer/Consumer
'Contract' - Means any order of goods by the Customer that is
accepted by Us.
'Goods' - Any Goods forming the subject of a Contract including
parts of, or materials incorporated in, them as more particularly described upon this Website.
'Website' - Our Website, the address of which is :
2. Contact Details
Our contact address details are :-
Fountain Bathrooms & Kitchens Ltd
Unit 1, Watford Bridge Ind.Estate
Watford Bridge Road
New Mills, Derbyshire
Telephone : 01663 746851
Fax Number : 01663 747421
Email address : email@example.com
3. Prices and Payment
3. Order Acceptance and Price
1.1 The total cost of your order will be the price of the Goods plus any applicable delivery charge which will be stipulated at the time when you place your order. All prices stipulated are inclusive of VAT.
1.2 All orders are accepted when the Goods are despatched and not before. Any email or other acknowledgement of your order is merely to report that your request has been received and does not constitute acceptance of your order. The fact that you may have made payment does not constitute acceptance of your order.
1.3 We may decline to accept an order from you for any reason. As examples only, we may decline to accept an order from you if the Goods are not available from stock or if there has been a pricing error by us on the website. A contract only comes into existence between us and you when the Goods are despatched.
1.4 We reserve the right to make adjustments to the price payable in the event of any increase in supplier’s prices, any increase in VAT or other taxes/duties and/or if due to an error or omission the price published on our website for the Goods is incorrect (irrespective of whether your order has been acknowledged by email or you have made payment). In the event that any adjustment to the price is made by us, we will give you the opportunity to cancel the order and will return any money already paid by you if you opt to cancel because of an adjustment made by us to the price.
4. Delivery Charges
How long does delivery take?
Depending on the products you have ordered, we typically aim to deliver products within 7 days, however majority of products are to order from the manufacturer and could take longer, special orders can be confirmed on order. There are however many items which are available for immediate dispatch. We have provided a guide for each product that you view explaining the approximate delivery period it takes for us to receive the goods from the relevant supplier from your initial order date. If you require a more precise delivery time please email us.
Delivery Charges -
As far as possible we aim to deliver most goods free of charge , however some items carry our standard small £15 delivery charge for the UK, in some cases because of weight or packaging issues there may be a £36 carriage charge and for extremely fragile or bulky items there has to be a surcharge of £50.00 due to the nature of items that are being handled, if your delivery is required in certain far reaching post codes in the UK a £75.00 surcharge is levied for this service.
Export charges can be discussed with our sales department for all other World Wide destinations including Zero rated destinations being a speciality.
Can I pick up my order?
Yes. If you prefer to pickup your order from our showroom or warehouse, please select this option when proceeding through the Checkout. We will then telephone you once your items are ready for collection and of course there will be no delivery costs incurred.
Delivery Service -
In the majority of cases we hand deliver your goods in our own fleet of vehicles and employed drivers, that way ensuring that goods get to you when you need it and in perfect condition. Small items may be sent on an over-night basis using either Parcel Force or ANC couriers, larger palletised deliveries use the Palletway Service and they will contact you directly to organise the delivery of your goods. Our transportation office sort out the logistics and keep in contact with every step of the way, even our drivers will call you en-route to confirm arrive times.
5. Order Process
· When you complete your personal details and select the Goods that you wish to purchase and submit them to us, you are offering to purchase the Goods at the price shown on the Website subject to these terms and conditions.
· The Contract for the sale by us to you of the Goods is completed when we send to you our confirmation of despatch to you by email.
· In order to buy Goods from us through this Website you must be at least 18 years old. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse to complete a contract for the sale of Goods to you.
6. Cancellation of an Order
· Orders can be cancelled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01663 746086. We will respond to your request by email and confirm that your order has been cancelled or has already been despatched. If you do not receive an email from us, then your order has not been cancelled.
· Orders that are cancelled after despatch by us are subject to the delivery and return collection charges incurred.
· Orders that are cancelled which are classed as “special orders” or "non stock items" ie. come directly from the manufacturers such as showers, enclosures, sanitaryware etc are subject to a re-stocking charge of up to 25% if cancelled once they have left the manufacturer’s premises. Bespoke products ie. products that are made to your specification cannot be cancelled at all due to their bespoke nature.
7. Delivery Schedule
· We will endeavour to deliver your order immediately. Delivery times vary according to the manufacturer, and we will usually ship your complete order once all the goods are in stock.
· Delivery dates are approximate and no liability whatsoever is accepted in respect of late deliveries.
· If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will also be emailed with the option to cancel if you would rather not wait and your money refunded.
· You will be emailed or telephoned the day before your goods are due to be delivered with details / tracking information for your goods.
· Goods can only be delivered to the customer’s address (they cannot be left with a neighbour) and must be checked and signed for. If the delivery is to a communal building like a block of flats, please note that the driver may require help unloading. The Carrier may also ask to see identification before leaving the goods, (to protect us from Credit Card fraud).
· Do not book any installers until the goods have been received and checked for damage or shortages by you. No liability can be accepted for costs caused by late deliveries or for any other reason.
· Heavy and bulky items may require assistance by the driver to off load them from the vehicle. This assistance will be required from the customer.
8. Delivery and Acceptance
· As soon as the goods have been delivered and signed for, they will become your responsibility. Any loss or damage to the goods shall be at your own risk. Any transit damage to the goods, shortages or incorrect items must be noted on the delivery consignment note at the time of delivery and returned with the driver.
9. Returns & Refunds Policy
If you are not satisfied with the order or you have changed your mind, you may return it within fourteen days of delivery for a full refund minus the costs of delivery. (This excludes Special Orders as referred to in Para 1 which are subject to a re-stocking charge of up to 25%).
If you cancel the Contract and the Goods have already been despatched, you must return the Goods to us at your own expense and risk and in saleable condition and in the original packaging. Therefore we strongly advise you to take care when returning Goods to us by ensuring that the Goods are appropriately packed and insured if necessary.
They should be well packed and returned with your order sales order number &/or a copy of your original invoice:
Fountain Direct – Returns
Unit 1, Watford Bridge Ind. Estate,
Watford Bridge Road,
Please do not write or damage the original packaging as this will render the package un-sellable, and you will not be refunded.
Any transit damage to the goods, shortages or incorrect goods supplied must be noted on the delivery consignment note at the time of delivery. If you are not satisfied with the condition of the goods you must:
i) Write your comments on the Consignment Note and return them with the driver.
ii) Inform Fountain Direct within 24 hours.
iii) For pallet deliveries please carefully check the goods on arrival and if the pallet appears suspect or damaged in anyway, this must be noted on the driver’s paperwork so that any future claims of damage can be dealt with swiftly.
· Within 24 hours you agree to open all the boxes and thoroughly check the goods for damage or shortages and inform us accordingly.
Please follow the above instructions carefully, as manufacturers will not accept and refund faulty/damaged items unless they are notified in a timely manner.
· Upon return of the faulty or damaged items we will exchange the product or issue a full refund including delivery charges within 28 days.
10. Extent of Liability
· We make every effort to ensure that goods advertised for sale on the Website are described accurately. However, the descriptions of goods on the Website do not form part of the contract between you and us. They are designed to represent a general idea of the Goods. You should ensure that the goods which you are purchasing from us are suitable for your intended purpose. We do not give any warranty that the Goods, which you purchase from us, are suitable for your intended purpose.
· We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of any breach by us of this contract, including, but not limited to, consequential loss to you and/or loss or damage to the property of third parties. In any event our liability to you arising directly from our negligence will not exceed the invoice value of the Goods. Nothing in this clause will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
· We make every effort to ensure that this Website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website or any website accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to provide adequate protection for your equipment which you use to access this Website. We will not be liable to you or to anyone else for any loss or damage which may be caused to any equipment arising as a result of your use of this Website.
11. Law and Jurisdiction
· The contract shall be governed by English law and we and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you access the Website from locations outside of England and Wales you are responsible for complying with any laws applicable to that territory.
12. Credit Card Security
· All card transactions on this site are handled through Barclaycard Business.
Please be assured that shopping at www.fountaindirect.co.uk is 100% safe. Our site uses a secure server that implements secure socket layers (SSL) technology in our on-line ordering process to protect your payment card information. Every transaction we process is also checked by our fraud control systems to validate the authenticity and validity of your payment card as well as indicators of possible fraudulent use.
Ordering safely with Fountain Direct
Once you have completed the selection of products you wish to purchase you may proceed to place an order. As soon as you click “go to checkout” your browser will go into secure mode. Data relating to your order and your personal and payment card details will all pass to our server in an encrypted format. As soon as you have finished ordering you will exit secure mode.
All products are covered by the manufacturers guarantee.
12.1 The contents of this Website are protected by the law of copyright.
12.2 All rights in this Website, including Copyright, are owned or licensed to Fountain Bathrooms & Kitchens Ltd. You may copy or save items included in this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
Information we gather from you is never divulged to any third parties, unless as a requirement of fulfilling your order. We may use your details to advise you of special offers or major changes at Fountain Direct.